IN AN EFFORT TO INCREASE QUALITY OF CURBSIDE RECYCLING, EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018, LARGE RIGID PLASTICS MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE TOWN'S TRANSFER STATION FOR COLLECTION TO BE RECYCLED. THEY ARE NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR CURBSIDE COLLECTION.
Town of Manchester Announces Expanded Recycling - February 1, 2014
Residents in the Town of Manchester that have Town-provided curbside recycling services can now recycle a number of additional items in their blue Recycling carts, specificall Rigid Plastics and Books. These materials are in addition to adding #3 through #7 plastic containers, which was announced in May of 2010. The Town now collects all plastic food, beverage, and household containers #1 through #7, as well as all rigid plastics. Please remember, no plastic films or styrofoam of any kind, even if it has a recycling symbol/number on it.
- clean five-gallon pails (remove metal handles, if present)
- large plastic toys (remove any metal)
- milk/beverage crates
- laundry baskets
- waste baskets/old recycling bins
- plastic storage containers
- Large plastic items such as toys, recycling bins, coolers, baskets, containers & buckets
- hard-cover books (covers removed and placed in trash)
- soft-cover books
- telephone directories
TO BE RECYCLED PROPERLY, these additional steps are required:
- items must fit or be sized to fit inside the blue single-stream barrel
- covers from hard-cover books must be removed and placed in the trash
- all metals such as bucket handles and wheel axles must be separated from plastic items
For more information, please contact Brooks Parker by email at email@example.com, phone at 860-647-5279 or visit the Town’s Recycling website, http://www.ManchesterRecycles.org.